Classified

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Training Intensity Increases


As I previously mentioned, I wanted to progressively increase the distance of my runs to prepare for the full Standchart Marathon come December.

Ideally speaking, I should run about twice a week and increase the distance as the weeks pass by. Sadly, the frequency of runs is not as I had hoped for. Even so, I decided to increase the distance anyway. So when Dan and Shi An ask me to go running today, I decided to try for 10KM.

I started running from my place to their place in Bedok Reservoir. From there, we ran along the Siglap Park Connector to East Coast Park. On the way we passed by Kembagan, Joo Chiat, Marine Parade, stopping along the ECP expressway, just short of crossing the bridge over to the Park. Then we turned back and ran back to Bedok Reservoir along the same route, ending at their void deck.

Once again, I used the Daft Logic distance calculator to estimate the distance that I covered. If you look at the image posted, it comes up to 8.989KM. From what I can tell, this distance is slightly short of the actual distance that I ran, due to the way the distance was calculated. The actual distance should be 9 plus KM, just shy of the target 10KM.

No comments: