Classified

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Singapore SAFRA Bay Run


As i previously mentioned, I intend to join the coming Standchart Marathon at the end of the year. As it turns out, I'll get a chance to warm up with the Singapore Bay Run.

Couple of weeks back, My friends and I discussed taking part in the annual AHM (Army Half Marathon). 21 KM was a good start given that I had not been exercising for a very long time and jumping straight into a marathon would be a good idea. However, at that time the AHM was only 2 months away and I decided I would not have enough time to train and thus gave it up. It is now past the sign-up date.

Still, what must happen will happen. Today after the staff meeting at my school, the P.E teachers started asking for participants to the SAFRA Bay Run. Seeing that it was only 6 KM, I decided to sign up for it, before more inertia and procrastination can prevent me from starting my over-mentioned exercise regime and preparations for the real thing.

Immediately after I signed up, I realised that the Singapore SAFRA Bay Run and the AHM are actually different parts of the same event. As it turns out, I am still joining it after all, albeit a much watered-down version.

Time to find those dusty running shoes.

No comments: