Classified

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Teachers' Day

September 1st is Teachers' Day. Barely 1 month and a week into the job and I am celebrating this day that serves to commemorate the hardwork and contribution that teachers make in educating the lives and minds of our nation's youth.

For my first Teachers' Day, I received a card, a windchime, a notepad, a notebook and 2 pens from my students. Being new on the job, I had not expected to receive anything as I do not feel that I made a difference. Nevertheless, it was kind of heartwarming when the students came up to me and presented their gifts.

Still, being the cynic that I am, I could not help but feel that they are just nice students that prepared something for every teacher that taught them. But then again, maybe I had done something that had an impact in their young lives.

Ah, the little things that made this job one that's worthwhile.

No comments: