Classified

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And the running begins


Last week I finally bought a pair of running shoes to kick start the preparations for the Standchart Marathon. With a price tag of SGD$140, it's the most expensive pair of shoes that I have ever bought. Introducing the Adidas Adizero Tempo, a running shoe suitable for over-pronators like me. It's supposed to provide additional stability since that's what over-pronators need. Whatever that means.

Anyway, I took it for a run today. It looks good, it's comfortable. I guess it's not too bad a buy. This was the route that I took, starting from my place all the way to East Coast Park and back. Since Streetdirectory.com is not functioning like before, I had to rely on Daft Logic's distance calculator, which uses Google Maps. It's pretty handy actually and it measures the distance based on checkpoints that you place on the map. A rough estimate from this site gave my run a reading of 6.125km. Not too bad considering I have not been running for quite a long time. I guess the swimming, gym and weekly soccer games do help.

No comments: