Classified

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Schwimmen macht Spaß



I have recently started a new habit. It's healthy, it's fun, it's swimming.

I wanted to start a regime since quite a long while ago. Years of smoking and a sedentary lifestyle had left me weakened. I found myself easily out of breath. The occasional soccer games left me leaving on the floor after barely 5 minutes.

So I told myself that I should pull up my socks and start getting healthy. First up was the reduction in nicotine consumption. smoking went down from 3 days per pack to 1 to 2 sticks a day. Though my employers frown on their employees smoking, it is an indulgence that I really enjoyed.

I started joining my old school mates for regular soccer games. However that ran into a little obstruction. My loyal pair of soccer boots has finally thrown in the towel after years of service. Its replacement is not coming in till my next pay day, meaning I have to stop playing before I barely started. I look forward to the day when my first pay comes in.

I also intend to start gym sessions and running. The Standchart Marathon will be my goal. I have always thought that the t-shirt that read "Finisher of 42.195 km" is way cool

No comments: