Classified

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Self-improvement

In terms of self-improvement, I have been very active.

One look at my milestones show that I have been learning or doing something new almost every year since I finished high school. This year I got certified as a diver and a lifeguard. I also completed a half-marathon.

Such fulfilling life and I feel empty. So many skills but I'm doing something I'm not good at and getting into the deep end while doing it. Why don't I just grab a job that I am good at. Wait, what's that?

I have no real interest in anything. As a result I do everything. And I end up not being really good at anything. Well, that's to be expected since passion drives perfection. Lack of it means mediocrity.

There. Another day of self-loath and defeatism. As I write this entry I feel disgusted. I need to knock myself out of it. Maybe I can combine all my posts and publish a Singaporean male version of Bridget Jones' diary, though I never really got down to reading it. I was last at chapter one, I think.

What would be an alternate career choice? Is there a box for sloth?

No comments: