Classified

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Army Half-Marathon

I ran the AHM today and I did it in about three hours.

An average timing for an average runner. I came back with aches all over and a headache.

I did well, I guess, for someone who almost didn't train at all. I had wanted to finish it without walking at all but I was too tired to do that. I only slept 3 hours the night before.

I almost didn't go this morning. Going for the run had many repercussions; I needed the rest and time for work. It also meant I was pretty exhausted afterwards. I am supposed to be putting my work as priority, given that it is not going very well for me now.

The positives was the much-needed workout and a new medal of completion. If only I was good enough to be a full-time runner, or athlete of some sort, it would probably be way better than what I am doing now.

No comments: