Classified

Monday, July 05, 2010

I am here.

I was there to watch you, from the moment you were at Departures.

You asked me why I didn't let you know, you could have come see me.
If you could get away, why did you tell me otherwise the first time when I said I wanted to see you off.
If you couldn't the first time, how was I to know that you could when I finally did come?

I have many a times tried to push for things.
What I always got in return was, "No means no. Don't push it, Loon."
So what I did in the end, was to watch you from afar.
You might have seen me but just not realised that it was me.
I was the hooded guy that hung around.

I saw you walk in.
I saw you check in.
I saw you walk up the escalator to find food.
When I lost you for a while, I combed the whole Terminal 3 wondering where you were having breakfast.
I saw you at Coffee Club.
I saw you walk away.
I saw you go into Immigration.

I didn't want to get you into trouble.
Perhaps I was still bothered by how we ended sour the night before.
You didn't really talk to me throughout the night.
I didn't know if you were still upset.

So I sneaked around, stupidly.
I kept going round, so that you would not see me.
So that he would not see me.
I looked like an idiot.
I felt like an idiot.
I even got the attention of police officers, who thought I was too shady.

I beat myself over it.
I should have just manned up, and told you I was there.
Why didn't I?
I don't know.

In the end, I didn't even get to talk to you much.
I think I think too much.
Next time, I'll just tell you that I am here.

No comments: