Classified

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another question

25 July, Sunday
Cool morning

It's 6.26 in the morning.
I woke up despite sleeping for only 4 hours.
I woke up from a dream.

It was a dream of an argument.
An argument I had envisioned but never carried out.
Because you would get angry.

You told me you know your limits.
You wouldn't invite him to labour.
Things are sometimes out of your control,
like you so love to say.

What are the possibilities that you are still married to him when you go into labour?
Seems very high at this moment.
Where and what would you be when baby arrives?
You would be at home and he would be around.
He would send you to the hospital.
You might not be able to call me, he definitely won't.

Do you think I would rather have no one around you?
I am not that selfish.
What if something happens and you needed to be knocked out?
And you wake up to have him already registered the birth with the column 'father's particulars' filled in?

So when you told me you know your limits and you know what you're doing,
I sometimes wonder whether you really do.
And no, I don't think you're an idiot
Nor question your ability to think things.
It's just that we're all humans,
Sometimes we just don't see things.

No comments: