Classified

Monday, May 04, 2009

Masochism


I suspect that I am a closet masochist.

Other than getting myself in pain on a regular basis, I also like it in an ad hoc manner. Today, I did what I did a couple months ago. I scraped off another piece of my skin.

When the previous time was against the edge of my couch at home, today was against the edge of a computer table in school. As I sat there working, my friends asked for my help. Me being me, always eager to lend a helping hand, responded without hesitation. I was slouching in my chair, with my legs extended under the table. As I jumped up to get to them, the only thing I felt at that instance was pain.

Darn. I knew what had transpired almost immediately. As I looked down at my feet, all I could see was this area about 1 inch long, half an inch wide of white flesh. Shit, an abrasion that took the whole layer of top skin.

As I limped to help my friends, blood started oozing out. Ouch. I ignored it and continued messing with the Dreamweaver program till I realised that I should at least apply some pressure as the blood continued to flow.

As I went back to my workstation to continue with my work, Desmond appeared with an antiseptic cream and band-aid. He had gone off to get them from the school bookshop after I hurt myself. Thanks man. You are a kind friend.

I later found the piece of skin still dangling from underneath the table. Talk about yewwwwww. So now I am once again left with a wound that's gonna hurt me bad later when I take my shower. And then worse still when I apply "青草油" afterward.

I somehow have that talent, to hurt myself. I should join some talent show.

No comments: