Classified

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Adolescence

Today was a day when I felt like an adolescent again.

My closest friends arranged for a dinner and some drinks at Timbré @ The Art House. Afterward we went to Brewerkz and had a few drinks. Because my goddaughter Scarlett and her mom needed rest. We switched to a regular kopitiam near their place.

While we usually behave like responsible adults, today was a day when we reverted to being adolescents. As the drinking continued, we started taunting each other to drink. One followed another as we came with the weirdest arugments why the other should be drinking.

The result? I regurgitated my very nice dinner. I've always had a weak stomach when it comes to drinking. The gag reflex is just so strong that I always end up making friends with the toilet bowl before my senses give in. However, over the past months I had managed to prevent this from happening. For some time, food only went in and not out from the top cavity. But no, not today.

Sigh, what is it about birthdays that rob mature, responsible adult males of their sensibility. Why do we do this year in, year out. I really appreciate everyone celebrating my birthday for me. It's nice to know they care even though my own birthday is not really that much of a deal to me.

But guys, can we just drink to our hearts' content? Minus the vomiting. If I ever taunt anyone again, just remind me of what I said.

1 comment:

jen said...

tsk tsk, why let it happen again?