Classified

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dennis Bergkamp

Before there was Cesc Fabregas and Thierry Henry, there was another man, who made the difference in Arsenal. His name was Dennis Bergkamp. There might have been others like him, or even better before. Ian Wright was the big name and once held the record for the most number of goals scored, but for me, Bergkamp was the person.

I remember him fondly, his passes, his shots, his assists, and his partnerships with the other players. I remember the times when he would put the ball through and a young Nicolas Anelka would outrun the defenders to latch on to the ball and score.

Dennis Bergkamp was such a gentle-looking man, his movements ever so graceful, his passes ever so weighted, yet his shots ever so powerful. Such was the delight of seeing him play that I became an Arsenal fan.

I was so delighted when I came across this video on Youtube that pays a tribute to the man as a player that I would like to share it with everyone. For the love of our beautiful game.

No comments: