Classified

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

American Scriptwriters on strike

I have to admit, that I am a huge fan of American TV series. From F.R.I.E.N.D.S, which happens to be my all-time favourite, to Sex in the City, Gilmore girls, Ally McBeal, Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal, Nip-Tuck and many others, you name it, I have probably watched it.

And now I am trying to catch up on my work so that I can continue the much-applauded Heroes, Prison Break, plus a few that my friends recommended such as House. In addition to that, I can now watch them all online, without paying a single cent. I strongly recommend tudou.com and fanpop.com. They have allowed to find almost all the serials that I am interested in watching.

Recently, I found something very strong going on. Season 4 of the current series Boston Legal and Grey's Anatomy, which I am watching, have stopped mid-season. I was shocked to find out that the scriptwriters in America are currently on strike! It turns out that their contract ran out in October and they were not able to negotiate a satisfactory increase in the remunerations for their work.

















Picture from WGA website.

I sincerely hope that they are able to work out something quickly so that we can all have our favourite TV shows back on.

For more information, visit the Writers Guild of American website.
For a summary, see BBC news.

No comments: