Classified

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vagina Monologues


I watched the Vagina Monologues on 11 October. After that it was a round of drinks at Paulaner to celebrate Oktoberfest.

I have heard about the show since quite a while ago and when I heard that it's on in Singapore, I decided that it's time to get some cultural kudos.

It was a locally adapted version, with references to Indian, Malay, Chinese versions of the V. Girl issues were also very Singaporean. I now wonder how the original version was and what did it deal with.

Being the non-connoisseur that I am, I went for the cheapest available tickets at $27++. In the end it wasn't such a bad choice, for me at least. The view was ok, the show was funny, and I generally enjoyed myself.

I can't however say the same thing thing for my friends. Jason didn't think that it was funny at all. Shi An asked me why I asked him to spend 30 bucks to watch a CB show, literally. I guess everyone has different preferences. Well at the end of the day it was just another excuse to get all my friends out for a gathering. Everybody enjoying themselves was just a bonus.

Now I am interested in "Return of the V". Anyone interested? Good de-stressor.

No comments: