Classified

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Run, Wee Loon, Run


I went for running again today, after almost a month. What I mean is long-distance running, not the 2.4KM that I did last weekend, nor the running I have been doing in the soccer games.

I didn't think I could run very well after the break in training. Well I only managed a slow 11 minute plus timing for 2.4. Things, however, turned out pretty well. While it's true that I ran at a slow pace, I hardly felt out of breath.

I had planned to go the twenty though it did not turned out as planned. Long-distance running only happened from my place to East Coast Park. That would be around 6KM. After Shi An and I reached ECP, he came up with a new change in our running habits.

We started varying our runs between sprinting, slow jogs, fast runs and walks. In short, interval training.

I have to admit, though it was not a test of my endurance as I had wanted, it did make the run more interesting. Still, I hope I can complete the 20KM the next time. Just to know that I am closer to overcoming the 40KM milestone and am not wasting my money signing up for Standchart.

No comments: