Classified

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Build Phase

Body Beast is divided into three phases and I am at Phase 1.

I have completed 5 days of Body Beast and done 1 round of all the exercises of this round. Did Total Body and Beast Abs and the former is true to its namesake; the exercises gives a good one-round hit to all the major muscle groups.

Beast Abs are not much of a challenge for someone coming off P90X. The exercises are similar, though fewer and in different order. Beast Abs also requires fewer reps - 20 compared to P90X's 25 reps per exercise.

Today I am going to experiment with my first hybridization of exercise. Since warm-up and cool-down are the weaknesses of Body Beast and it's heavy lifting placing a lot of stress on the spine and a lot of muscle contraction, I am going to substitute the P90X Stretch routine for the Body Beast rest day.

No comments: