Classified

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Beast up


So it's time for a change. I am officially announcing the end of P90X and the beginning of Body Beast.

I completed 12 weeks of P90X. It's supposed to be a 13-week exercise program but the last week is recovery and core work for people who actually managed to go through it 90 days straight. Given my lax tempo in completing the exercise in more than 200 days, I figured I don't really need the last recovery week.

Instead, I have moved on. I have moved on to a new regime. This one is aimed at growing my frame. The exercises are shorter. Instead of shelling out 90 minutes a day, Body Beast's videos are around 40 - 50 minutes each. Giving me a higher possibility of completing the exercise.

Today is Day 1. I have just completed Build: Chest/Tris. 

I realised that my left is so much weaker than my right. Naturally we all have a master hand which we are more used to and are stronger in. But I have always tried to consciously use my left hand to improve my overall dexterity. However, working on the video today, I could visibly see the difference. 

Many of the exercises were done to failure on my left side while my right side still had juice. I am going to use this chance to work on getting both sides of my body to equilibrium by keeping to the weights that bring the left to failure. I figured that if I constantly overwork the left and underwork the right, it's only a matter of time before both sides are levelled out.

Let's see if I can maintain the momentum to get pumped on a daily basis.

I am also still staying true to my commitment to be supplement-free, relying only, or mainly, on whole foods to get the required nutrition. We shall see if it works after I complete the workout. 

No comments: