Classified

Monday, November 15, 2010

Of mentalities, ambitions, world views and interests

There are many things to iron out.
I know now is not the time.
I am not saying or asking for anything.
This just happens to be the thoughts that came to mind when you said that we are so different.

What does it take for two to come together?
Should they be the same?

If we seek to find someone like us,
Would we be the best mate for ourselves?

I never thought that we could only be together,
if we are like each other.

We should be different.
We are two different people after all.
I don't want you to become me,
And I certainly do not wish to become you.

We should have different ambitions.
You want to study and I want to fly.
I actually want to study too,
Though I don't know if you want to fly.

But I would use my flying to support your study.
Therein lies the beauty.
When two people come together, it is not about being or becoming the same.
It is about being true to self and support the other in whatever the other wants.

I know we have different interests.
I also know we have same interests.

We both love riding,
So let's ride together.
I may have never ridden dirt before,
But I think it's gonna be a lot of fun.

I don't know you all that well,
But if there's something you do that I don't.
Would you please, for my sake, show me the world?
Just like how I now like some of Tori Amos' songs.

If I still don't like it, you go on ahead.
I'll be waiting for you at home.

I would do the same.
If there's something I do that you don't.
I'd love to show you my world.
If it's not your cup of tea,
I'll be right back.

We view the world differently,
Because we have seen the world differently.
I want to know what you think,
Because I think my view of the world is quite narrow.
Would you, for my sake, enlighten me?

I wouldn't say your view is wrong.
Maybe we just see things differently.
Our views may converge,
or they may stay different.
I think it's all right.

We can agree to disagree.
Isn't that what you do in school?
Nothing is truly the absolute way.
As long as we back up what we state,
With thorough understanding and evidence.
We are entitled to our views.

Of course, things can't all be different.
How can two person ever get along if everything is different.
No matter big or small,
We have to meet somewhere.

You wouldn't want to live with a slob.
You wouldn't want to be the one doing all the housework,
while I sit down and have a coffee.
You wouldn't want a very successful person that brings home the dough but is never around.
You wouldn't want a person that talks to you and tells you what to do like you can't think for yourself, because you are a very smart woman.

For two people to be together, they at least have to want to be together.
Where it matters, but they are different, they compromise.
Where it doesn't matter that much, one can give in to the other.

I am a fool.
Sometimes I am not that sensitive,
But I do know that I want to be with you,
And it's not because of the baby.

Where I can, I will give in.
Where I can't, I will explain.
Though I think you don't agree,
But I think, for most things in life, I am very easy-going.
I have a few broad ideas, but for the most part, the nitty-gritty isn't that big of a problem.

But if you don't agree, I'll be happy to listen.
I just hope that I can explain myself without sounding defensive.
And we can talk without being agitated.
And no, I mean us, not picking on you.

No comments: