Classified

Thursday, October 01, 2009

My Newer-than-New Toy


This is my newer than new toy. In fact I'm posting this entry using this toy. It's a 13-inch MacBook Pro. It cost $1848, or $77 a month on hire purchase.

My friend said that it was an impulse buy. I denied it, saying that I had considered this for a while. Plus the last laptop I had, or still have, is my 5-year-old iBook. 5 years, who could use a laptop for 5 years and still have it in great condition? It's really slow though, through no fault of mine.

Then again, who am I kidding? It is SO an impulse buy. I did check it out for a while, but I never truly contemplated buying it. It's $1848. To me, that IS a lot of money.

Who the hell invented hire purchase? Interest-free. It's a gimmick that gives us a false sense of security. Compare $1848 to $77-a-month. All it does is let us fulfill all these wants that we have, allowing ourselves to believe that it is now affordable and be justified by our foolish brain as a need.

But it's SO pretty! Now for the accessories.

No comments: