Classified

Thursday, October 01, 2009

My New Toy

This is the Nike+ Sportband. It costs $99.90 at any Nike outlet and comes with a sensor.

It is a useful tool for any runner for it measures distance, pace, time and calories burnt. With a Nike+ account, runs get sync'd and recorded on the Nike+ website. However, the website is still full of bugs and can be exasperating to use.

I got this after knowing my friend has a similar system. It has proved pretty useful as it allowed me to control my run better and train better. Pacing is now easily done with a regular check of the band. Distance can be measured with resorting to plotting on googlemap. Calories are not really an issue with me.

In addition, when not running, it serves as a watch. I have had watches, but they never last long. This one is at least rechargeable.

No comments: