Classified

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New High of Stupidity


Today I recorded a new high for my level of stupidity.

After I reached home from work, I walked away from my bike, without switching off the engine nor pulling out the keys.

I only realised it 6 hours later when I wanted to go down and put the canvas over. As a result, the battery is flat. The bike can now not be started. Even after I enlisted the help of my very strong brother to push it. We almost succeeded, but almost is the operative word.

Now I can only let it rest for the night and try again tomorrow. If it still fails to start, then I'll have to call a tow truck and send it in to change the battery.

Sigh. Stupidity knows no bounds.

Update: It's one of those Mastercard moments. Tow truck: $25, New Battery: A FREAKING $165, Tuition lessons cancelled: $89.25, A packet of cigarettes to ease the unhappiness: $11, A lesson to remember to shut down the engine and take the key: Priceless.

No comments: