Classified

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Return of the V


Sorry the picture is only half of the poster. It's suppose to read "The Return of the V". It was a hybrid between a play and a stand-up comedy I think. Not really sure what it was. All I know is that it was really funny.

From what I could gather, this latest installation by Fly Entertainment was a sequel to last year's "V Conference", which was about vaginas. This year's V was instead about Villians and Victims. Issues tackled included TT Durai and the NKF fiasco, rising cost of livings, homosexuality, among others.

Right from the beginning, Irene Ang came out spouting Hokkien saying, "Wa Si Guan Yin Ma." For ah bengs like me from working class background and not "jia kandang" one, it was hilarious! Poor Eunice was trying to make heads and tails of what she was saying. So sorry I had thought that it was something "ang moh".

Other than that little technical issue, I really thought that it was a funny show. Of course there were some cliches here and there but still, the fact that it was in Hokkien made it funny. Sadly, Hokkien could not escape its fate of being the crude language, as it was also because of that that it was comical.

In the end I really did enjoy myself. The fact that Tiger went out at $5 plus a mug made things even better!

No comments: