Classified

Monday, November 05, 2012

Metal teeth no more

I've had braces since Apr 2009.

My teeth weren't in a bad shape but I was well into my first job since graduation and I was earning a steady income.

So after basic needs were met, I guessed it was time for some vanity.

The three and a half years of life with braces was uneventful. Luckily for me, I had only one of the usual problems, stuck food, and none of the others: ulcers; pain.

I took out my braces last month and it's from the pan into the pot. I now have retainers for a year. It's even more troublesome than the braces.

Most important lesson I have learnt though, is that brushing does shit for your teeth. I've never flossed in my life. Once or twice I did but it was never part of my oral hygiene routine.

However, because of the retainers I have started flossing. And boy was I appalled to find the amount of food still stuck between my teeth after a bout of decent brushing. I even bought those expensive electronic toothbrushes.

So anyone out there, if you do not floss, I suggest you start now. It really is no hassle after you get used to it, but you will be disgusted by what stays in your mouth after brushing.

No comments: