Classified

Sunday, January 11, 2009

School Life

Barely six months out of school and I'm back in again. I know people have said this many times but I have to repeat it again; being in school is way better than being in work.

First week of orientation's over and NIE seems to be a nice enough place, the distance not withstanding. 36KM is a long distance to travel on any day.

The timetable's out and it's pretty relaxed so far. At first glance my days are almost filled. On a closer look the classes are staggered and the two halves of the semester are quite different.

One of the course that I have to take is GESL (pronounced guess-tle). It's short for Group Endeavour Service Learning. It's basically a community involvement project where we try to do something for a selected beneficiary. When we went through the briefing, they said that we have to learn to do something altruistic. I wondered how altruistic is GESL when we're all made to do it. Food for thought.

Next week lessons will start. Pretty exciting as I have almost forgotten how it is like to be a student, short as the time is since I graduated from NUS. Can't wait.

No comments: