Classified

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Office Party


In the words of Eunice, we have cultivated an "expensive habit". Indeed it is the third show I have seen recently and the tickets are not cheap.

The Office Party is a sexually-charged play about a group of people working in Chapman and Howard. It was basically about their relationships with each other, their individual problems and how it all interwined.

Overall it was enjoyable, though I sometimes got lost in the thick accent spouted by the Caucasian actors. Some of the jokes also required contextual understanding, which meant that I was left scratching away while the "ang mohs" in the crowd were laughing away. This meant that I wasn't able to enjoy the show as much as I would like to.

Pity. It would otherwise have been a rather witty and fun-filled evening.

No comments: